Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 100: Turnpike Cottage to Llyn Gwynant

Distance covered today: 20065 steps - 7.92 miles
Distance traveled so far: 489.23 miles
Route coordinates: 52.967858,-4.098835|53.046071,-4.020089
Walking date: 15th August


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

One Hundred Days

A nice long stroll today in order to celebrate 100 days walking so far, which have taken me from the far west of Cornwall to North Wales.

The first part of the route today takes me along the Aberglaslyn Pass also trailing the route of Afon Glaslyn and the Welsh Highland Railway. Approaching Nantmor
 

Aberglaslyn Pass

This unusual house at the start of the Aberglaslyn pass struck me as looking like something from a horror B-movie...

House of horrors
 

About midway along the mostly tree-lined road as it winds its way through the pass. The trees opened a little here offering some views of the pass and of the river.

Aberglaslyn pass
 

Beddgelert

Turning the corner of today's route in the very pretty village of Beddgelert. Nearby is the grave of Gelert - the hound from the town's sad legend.

Beddgelert
 

Through the Lakes

The final section of today's route takes me past two lakes - Llyn Dinas and Llyn Gwynant flanking Mount Snowdon which is a few kilometres to the north.

Llyn Dinas
 

Snowdon

Finishing up today next to Llyn Gwynant. Looking across here, I can see Snowdon in the far distance, with Gallt y Wenallt in the middle distance just beyond the lake.

First sighting of Snowdon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment